A Woodland-Inspired Nursery for Lyla Rose

You may remember that several months ago I posted an inspiration board for Lyla's nursery.  Well, we managed to finish her space just before Thanksgiving.  The nursery has been about 90% done since before Lyla was born, but it took us forever to hang prints and complete other finishing touches.  Which is just fine, really, because she wasn't even sleeping in there regularly until she was about 4 1/2 months old.  Her nursery doubles as our guest room; the Thanksgiving holiday was our epic week of hosting out of town guests and we wanted to make sure the room was in tip top shape!

The end result turned out slightly different than my original plans, but I really love the way everything came together.  I wanted something sweet and feminine, and a bit whimsical.  I was initially planning to be heavier on the neutrals with just a few pops of color, but a few pieces made it in early on that kind of shifted the whole color palette of the room.  I think it's a nice balance of soft colors, plus fun, brighter pieces to catch baby girl's eye.  Enjoy!

(I apologize in advance for the less-than-ideal lighting in some of these photos--we are definitely in the gloomier days of fall and it's really difficult to get it just right!)


















Crib bedding by Lyla's Grammy Suzy (my mom); all fabric purchased from JoAnn's 
Mobile handcrafted by Grammy Suzy
Lyla wood name sign by Grace and Salt
Dresser: secondhand from a shop in town, painted Behr's Salmon Peach by my husband
Mr. Fox and Mama bear Baby bear prints by Kelli Murray
Quilt and crocheted flower blanket by Grammy Suzy
Woodland pillows by Grammy Suzy
Blanket on guest bed: a gift from my dad when he visited Guatemala about 20 years ago
Rocking chair: my great grandmother's
Bookshelves: Ikea

(Clearly, my mom helped with a whole lot of projects in this room!)

Comments

Popular Posts