Our new(ish) place

So, we moved in on September 3rd, and I have been promising photos of our new residence for sometime now. My family is arriving tonight for the Thanksgiving holiday, so it motivated us to get moving and make our house a little more homey. That doesn't mean that allll of our boxes are gone--a few of them are still hanging around and make an appearances in these photos. Enjoy!



Our collage wall is a tad higher than we would like... but Jake and I are tall people and we kept hitting our heads on the lower frames :(. So we bumped the whole thing up a notch.


Yep, our bookshelf is color-coded. I've seen it in magazines for years and have always wanted to do it!


I included the above picture in the name of transparency. Jake and I HATE this part of our living room. We desperately need a new entertainment unit, but have yet to find "the one." We're on a budget, and the cheap ones are hideous and their storage capacity is abysmal. So, the search goes on...


This is the dining room table and kitchen storage my parents painted/stained for us. The placemats were made by my grandma, and the china cabinet below was also inherited from my parents. We're really good at borrowing things :).  Hoping to get an antique window frame (or some other cool vintage architectural piece) for that wall soon... 


Overall, I'm happy with the bathroom, even though the blue countertop and the lavendar/cream/brown color scheme don't play so nicely together. But such is life.



Our guest room/office. We're currently operating on a bring-your-own-air-mattress policy. 




And finally, our bedroom (which is still very much a work in progress). We're upgrading to a bigger bed in the spring, so we're holding off on a headboard. We really, really need to fill up those white walls...


And the pups are crashing with us while my parents use our guest room this week :).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts