Babymoon in Bend

Here I am posting yet again about something that happened almost three weeks ago.  I sort of feel like I am catching up around here and at work.  And then I walk into my daughter's room and this is what I see:


OMG.  This room makes this normally very organized mama feel just a tad crazy.  Well, 'tad crazy' is putting it mildly.  It makes me alllll kinds of crazy.  Jake is working this weekend--again (admittedly, I might pop into the office to try and get a few things done, too)--but we are really hoping to finish sanding the dresser on Sunday and paint it the following week/weekend.  Then I can finally go to town with nesting. I am dying to wash and put away all of those teeny, tiny, sweet little clothes and finally put the bedding on her crib (her bassinet and Moses basket are all ready to go!).  When all of that is done, I just might have some time to put all of the design-related finishing touches on her room.  Have I mentioned that I really, really need her to stay in there until at least May 31st? 

Anyway, a few weeks ago, Jake and I headed to Bend for our Babymoon.  We've made no secret about our love for Bend on this blog.  It is our favorite Oregon getaway.  I firmly believe that vacations are good for the soul.  And that they are particularly good for marriage.  This spring has been SO busy.  It was so nice to leave work at work and get out of town for a long weekend just us two.  We had three full days to relax, eat great food, go hiking, and lay by the pool (yes, it was actually warm enough to lay out by the pool in Oregon in early April!). Here are a few photos from our trip:















32 weeks! Hiking up a hill with 20 pounds of extra weight is no joke. It felt so good to get out, but I sure was feeling baby girl on my diaphragm and my bladder!

Next up, we have our maternity shoot scheduled for tomorrow evening (it got rained out on Wednesday). We can't wait to capture shots of this belly in all of its nearly-35-weeks glory!

Comments

Popular Posts