Ramblings of a hormonal pregnant woman...

[Disclaimer: I know I'm not the first woman to ever experience pregnancy. So nothing I say here is going to be inherently revolutionary. My hunch is that most of you mamas out there have felt at least one, or all, of these emotions before!]

Pregnancy is a funny thing.  It occurred to me recently that I am totally in love with a person I don't even know.  In fact, the only thing I know about her is that she happens to be a girl.  But I would do ANYthing for this tiny human.  Anything.  Like, go to the ends of the earth for her, anything.  And she's not even here, yet!

I have never been more in awe of my body.  And I don't mean that in a vain I'm-so-sexy kind of way (yikes).  At all.  That couldn't be further from what I'm getting at.  It's more that I can't get over the fact that I can grow  a human.  Without giving any thought to it.  My body just DOES it.  I know it can be difficult to watch your body grow and change, but I also love it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest fan of my growing bust line (my husband is, of course. Surprise, surprise. And the ladies are just going to continue to grow. I know. I'll get over it).  And I'm sure it will be hard to see the pounds start to creep up.  But I am more than happy, honored, even, for this little person to borrow my body for a bit.  It is easily the most unique thing I have ever experienced.  She can grow it, stretch it, change it, make it fundamentally unrecognizable from what it was before.  I don't care.  She's worth it all and then some.  There's a blog post that's been floating around on Facebook that says it perfectly.  If you haven't seen it already, you can read it here.  It made me all weepy.

Everything makes me weepy.  Like when I was engaged, my pregnancy status now means I'm subjected to all kinds of pregnancy/baby/mom junk emails.  I got one the other day titled "Ten Things that make Pregnant Women Cry."  Ummm, there are only ten?!  Please.  I can think of ten things to cry about in just one day.  Happy, sad, touching, heartwarming--I am a sucker for all of it.  Watch out.

So, my sweet girl, you are only a 21-week-old fetus, but you already have all sorts of influence over your mama.  You are so loved and cherished--maybe too much for your own good!  Your dad is my person.  You are our  person (I suppose at the end of this 9 month journey, I'll have to share you with him, too :) ).  We can't wait for you to get here!

Comments

Popular Posts