2013: Year in Review

I was reading through old blog posts recently, and my January 2013 post went a little something like this... "Jake and I are looking ahead at what, undoubtedly, has the potential to be another huge year of change."

Um, yes. 2013 was FULL of change. Not to say that this has been unusual for us the past few years. 2012 was relatively calm and normal, but in 2011, we got engaged, married, moved across state lines, quit our jobs and I started grad school full-time--all really exciting things, but big adjustments, to say the least. At the beginning of this year, I wasn't quite sure what 2013 was going to look like... post-grad, our life could have looked a lot of different ways. We couldn't be more thrilled with the way things turned out. 2013 heaped blessing upon blessing upon blessing on us. Here's a quick recap of the highlights:

January 2013: Jake and I celebrated our 27th birthdays


March 2013: Completed my last term of classes and spring break trip to Sunriver


April 2013: Had a visit from the in-laws and completed my third half marathon



May 2013: Passed my final oral exam and we moved into our new house




June 2013: MPH graduation and celebration trip to Riviera Maya



July 2013: Started my new full-time job at the Healthy Youth Program, Linus Pauling Institute, OSU and family vacation in Bend


August 2013: Jake started his new job at 2 Towns Ciderhouse


September 2013: Found out we're pregnant!!! (FAVORITE part of the year--hands down)


November 2013: Finally got to share our good news publicly


Truth: I loved this year. We achieved goals, started new jobs, traveled to new places, and opened the door to the (huge) adventure that is parenthood. It has been a ride. Needless to say, we are so excited for 2014 and meeting our newest family member. We find out if Baby Bennett is a boy or a girl in just 8 days--stay tuned!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Comments

Popular Posts