Is this real life?

I apologize in advance if you are nauseous by the time you finish reading this sapfest, I mean, blog post. The absurdity of how blessed we have been in this season of life is a bit out of control. I mean, honestly. During the past few months, we moved into a great house with awesome landlords/neighbors/friends, I graduated with my MPH, we celebrated in Cancun, and then came home to full-time employment and health insurance. Sounds like a pretty great deal, right?

It gets better.

Since my most recent entry, we vacationed with my family in Bend (stay-tuned for that recap + loads of photos), had a visit from a pair of our dearest friends, Jake accepted a position in Sales and Distribution at 2 Towns Ciderhouse, and we just purchased season tickets to OSU Beavers football games.

My brain is still struggling to absorb the fact this is our life.

Having Mark and Kelli here was seriously amazing. We have been so lucky to have so many friends pass through Oregon over the past couple of years, but they were the first ones to venture into Corvallis and crash in our guest room. I hadn't seen Kelli in nearly a year, and I can't remember the last time either of us saw Mark--probably when he officiated our wedding (in other words, way too long). It felt like we had never been apart when they were here, and we miss them dearly now that they're gone. We are so, so thankful for their friendship.

Jake started his new job yesterday. Aside from the dream come true of getting to work for a local ciderhouse and getting his foot in the microbrew door (which is epic in and of itself), this job is 9-5(ish), Monday through Friday, people. Since Jake and I have known each other, we have NEVER worked the same schedule. I've always been a M-F gal, and he's always been a nights and weekends guy.  Hallelujah for real weekends and evenings together. Honestly though, as someone who has been lucky enough to always get paid to do what I love, I could not be more thrilled for Jake to find out what that's like. We hear nothing but great things about the guys and the work environment over at 2 Towns and are so excited to be part of it!

Let me clear--it's not that our life to this point has been that difficult. In fact, the vast majority of our lives, individually and together, have been relatively easy. This is not to say that we have not had our challenges (if you were friends with either of us between 2005-2009, you would know this to be very, very true). Sure, we've worked hard the past couple of years, balancing marriage, work and grad school and doing so on a smaller budget. Yes, we were often stressed and I was always worrying about money (in the words of my husband, "When are you NOT worried about money?" It's true--I will likely have to work on my need for financial security for the duration of my existence. Sigh). But in the grand scheme of life, we were well-fed, healthy, happy folks.

Which is why I feel completely undeserving of the sheer volume of good things that continue to come our way. Over the past few weeks, I have found myself tearing up on more than one occasion because our life seems so unbelievable and we are just SO happy. Do we really get to live here? Are we really getting paid for this? Is marriage supposed to be this easy? Is this really our life right now? What did we do to deserve it? These are the thoughts that flow through my head on a regular basis. Life will not always be this charmed. We, of course, never know what the future holds. But for now, we are joyful. We are humbled. And we are deeply grateful.

"In every way and everywhere, we accept this all with gratitude"
Acts 24:3 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts