Post-grad

Life post-grad has been everything Jake and I dreamed it would be. Nights and weekends free to hang out with each other and with friends. Time to do things like spruce up our front yard, attend gardening classes and get our garden prepped for summer planting of fall and winter veggies. Hosting dinners at our house and gathering supplies for summer parties in our new digs. Enjoying the long nights that are one of my favorite parts of Oregon summers. Have I mentioned that we are head-over-heels in love with our house? Seriously, I did not know that a 1960s, 800 square foot property with enumerable quirks and no dishwasher could capture my heart in such a way.

If you have not heard already through the grapevine or via Facebook, I recently accepted a full-time position as the Program and Internship Coordinator at the Linus Pauling Institute's Healthy Youth Program--a position that I previously held as a part-time student worker. We could not be more thrilled (happy health insurance to me!). When I took the job in February of last year, there was certainly a thought in the back of my mind that this could be a potential "real job" after grad school. But the very notion seemed simply too good to be true, so I mentally prepared myself for the fact that I would have to dive back in to the world of resume building and interview schmoozing. Lucky for me, I was able to jump right back in to a job that I love after celebrating my newly minted MPH status in Mexico with my husband. 

Honestly, I feel like we are living an absurdly charmed life. 

Here are a few Instagram photos capturing the first few weeks of summer:


4th of July


Updated entry way! More house photos to come...

View from the deck at work

Enjoying our favorite souvenir from Mexico




As for the rest of our summer plans, we're looking forward to vacationing with my side of the fam in Bend at the end of the month, catching up with our dear friends Mark and Kelli in Portland in August, taking weekend trips to Multnomah Falls, Opal Creek, Mt. Hood, and all of the other wonderful things we didn't get to do last summer.  And, of course, getting our fill of Oregon sunshine and the abundant summer produce that comes along with it.

What we've been drinking lately:
Flat Tail's Summer Brown
Fat Tire's Folly Pack: Loft, New Belgium, Fat Tire, Blue Paddle, Ranger IPA, and Sunshine
2 Towns Cider's Rhubarbarian
Bridgeport's Summer Squeeze
Buffalo Bill's Orange Blossom Cream Ale



Comments

Popular Posts